Thursday, October 28, 2010

Flowers in a Coffee Cup



Isn't this a beauty? About a month ago, I had the pleasure of attending a reception at the MCG President's house, and near the end of the event, one of the Directors in my division told me to grab a centerpiece and take it home. Well, you don't have to tell me twice!



But these pretty flowers weren't going to last long in florist's foam, so I had fun taking the arrangement apart and clustering the different blooms together in vases and sprinkling them throughout our home. It really livened up our little place for a week! I had to get really creative with the shorter-stem flowers, though, and our Fiestaware coffee cups turned out to be the perfect solution. I loved having them perched on our stovetop, and the red and yellow of the flowers were a perfect compliment to our kitchen colors.





So moral of the story is...you'll never know what a quick glance in your kitchen cabinet might inspire!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails