Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Carols & Resolutions

Kyle and I are both suckers for the Christmas Hymns, they are all just so rich in Scripture and theology. Now that I'm older, I can especially see how these hymns were meant to usher us into worship of our glorious Savior.

My ultimate favorite is O Holy Night, particularly these lines:

Chains shall He break, for the slave is our brother
And in His name all oppression shall cease

Amen!

But I also love Angels We Have Heard on High, Carol of the Bells, and a new favorite this year-Christmas Canon by Trans-Siberian Orchestra (which would be a wonderful processional song for a Christmastime wedding-am I the only married woman who still thinks about that stuff? Haha hopefully not!). And you can't forget N'SYNC's Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays. Stop your judging, it never fails to get me in the Christmas spirit!

Kyle's personal favorites: We Three Kings and O Come All Ye Faithful. He can play a good rendition of these on the piano, and he's a lot better than me because he can actually play the accompaniment!

An honorable mention, my favorite Christmas album: Point of Grace's A Christmas Story. My sister and I loved listening to #2 (When Love Came Down) on repeat, but the entire album is so good!


1. To strive to know the Lord better every day.
2. Learn how to be a better wife to Kyle.
3. Get back on a regular exercise/working out routine {It's all too easy to live a sedentary life with my office job}.
4. Work towards getting an MBA {any advice/words of wisdom about this is much appreciated!}
5. Save enough money for a DSLR Canon camera. And then actually buy it.
6. Get over my fears and jumpstart Two Yellow Shoes Photography!
7. Find Doc.

A good mantra for anybody and everybody in 2011: Life is too short to play small.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails