Friday, December 17, 2010

{Day 7} Holiday Craft/DIY


Christmas Tree Bow Topper

I originally got the idea to make a Christmas tree bow topper from my sister, Ashley. It's a great alternative to the traditional star or angel. Here's the one Ashley made for her tree, isn't it gorgeous?


Unfortunately, she couldn't find the tutorial she used, so I was left to my own devices to make a bow topper happen for mine & Kyle's tree. And then I found this video on YouTube by Lady Bug Wreaths, starring the cutest little lady you've ever seen. So gather the following supplies: ribbon of your choice {wire-rimmed works the best}, scissors, pipe cleaner or florist's wire, and a ruler/tape measure to measure out your ribbon.


Next, watch Nancy's video to help you shape your bow. And I don't know about you, but I think little old ladies sure do know their stuff when it comes to bow-making!


Since I literally had my hands full, I couldn't take any pictures of the process of making ours. But here's how it turned out:



I'm pretty pleased, but wish that it was a little bit fuller. I may or may not finagle with it everyday. :)

Some other fun DIY projects: Gift Card Snow Globes by One Charming Party and Felt Poinsettia Flowers by Living the Swell Life. Happy crafting, y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Great job on your bow! I watched the video and it sure looks complicated! If I ever make a bow though I will def. watch one of her videos!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails