Monday, December 27, 2010

Once Upon a Time

My inaugural trip to Disney World was absolutely wonderful, every time I think about it I can't help but feel giggly and warm and fuzzy inside! The Christmas decor was just magical. It truly was a dream come true and a fantastic Christmas present from my in-laws. I can't wait to go back! Kyle and I didn't get back to Augusta until midnight on the 20th, so it was super hard for me to get up and be at work by 8 a.m. the next day. But the good thing is that all I had to do was turn around and I was off again for the Christmas Holiday! Gotta love this time of year.

Here are a few highlights from our trip:

Jenny's boyfriend, Zach, scored us some free backstage passes to "The Seas" ride/aquarium in Epcot. We got to see the workers feed the sting rays, conduct a psychological experiment with the dolphins, and see all the facilities and work that goes into maintaining an aquarium. There were no pictures allowed back there, but trust me, it was really neat!

Our whole group, from left to right: Zach, Jenny, Kyle, Me, Lynn, and Eric. We spent the second part of our first day at Magic Kingdom (the park I was most excited to visit!).

We had great seats for me to witness my first Disney parade.

We literally walked around the whole world in Epcot to find a place to eat dinner, and we finally settled on Via Napoli in Italy. But first we paused to take this photo with the totem poles in Canada!

My first picture with Mickey, all decked out in his Fantasia costume!


The Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Hollywood Studios was my favorite evening show. All those lights kinda hurt your eyes at first, but eventually you got used to the over-the-top-ness, complete with fake Florida snow! Check out the video below to see for yourself. :)

We searched high and low for Belle, and I finally found her! I was on a mission for this specific picture. She's my favorite Disney princess!

And it goes without saying, I am SO EXCITED about the new Be Our Guest restaurant Disney is building. I can't wait to come back and try it out.

And now, here's a little Disney Christmas spirit brought to you by yours truly. Enjoy the Spectacle of Dancing Lights. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails