Tuesday, February 8, 2011

2011 Vision Board

I finally finished my Vision Board! Yay! I got the idea to make one from the ever-inspiring Lara Casey, and I'm so glad I did.

It’s been said that we overestimate what we can do in a day, but underestimate what we can do in a year.

I know one month is already in the books for 2011, but it took me a while to prayerfully consider these goals and I kinda didn't start until mid-January. Oops. So here's my vision for the eleven remaining months in 2011 (click on the photo for the bigger, better version):


  • I'm participating in Beth Moore's Siesta Scripture Memory Challenge, which consists of memorizing 24 Bible verses (that you pick yourself) throughout the year. (It's not too late to join in, click here to read the instructions if you're interested!)


  • Concerning marriage, I'm praying for deeper love and deeper intimacy. I want to earnestly seek to be the best wife I can be for Kyle. I think my favorite photo in the board is of the couple sitting on the bench and just soaking up the beauty of the ocean together. Being still before the majesty of the Lord. That's my prayer for us this year.


  • I want to bake a pie! Like a legit, blueberry pie with a lattice crust type thing. And I know you must be asking yourself, did she really have to prayerfully consider that goal? And the answer is most definitely yes! Anything involving made-from-scratch baking and me needs some prayer!


  • I want to take better care of myself, which means things like eating more fruits/vegetables, making a point to exercise everyday, going to bed earlier, etc.


  • I want to learn how to be a better listener. I want to surround myself with things that inspire me--spiritually, professionally, mentally, and creatively.


  • I want to get better at making menu plans and spending less money at the grocery store. Which means tackling the daunting task of couponing--I hope to figure it out!


  • I know the Lord has placed a desire in my heart to be a photographer. There is something in me that just comes alive whenever I'm taking pictures. I love it. But there needs to be much prayer and planning before I actively pursue a business, so this year I want to learn as much as I can about photography--the technical things, business & marketing things, legal things, just prepare the heck outta myself for my (desired) future photog shindig!

  • Most of all, I want this to be the year that I choose to believe God. Not just believe IN Him. That part is simple. But to believe Him for BIG things. For every thing. I refuse to be paralyzed by fear in my faith. I know I will not be perfect in this, and will most certainly fail at times. But I'm making a commitment to complete Beth Moore's Bible study, Believing God, and I'm so excited to see the ways God will stretch me and challenge me through it!

    "All a person’s ways seem pure to them,
    but motives are weighed by the LORD.
    Commit to the LORD whatever you do,
    and he will establish your plans."

    Proverbs 16:2-3

    What about you? Did anyone else make a vision board for 2011? Do share, I'd love to see it!

    {Photo credits} Column One: Z Stock Photo, (once) like a spark, Country Living. Column Two: Lara Casey, Millie Holloman, Can't remember. Column Three: Amelia Lyon, ee photography. Column Four: Vue Photography, J Malahy.

    4 comments:

    1. I love this post! Wonderful goals for this year...I probably need to have a few of the same ones!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I like the visual representation of your goals. Cute idea to remind yourself. Believing God is also on my list!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Love this Lesley Anne! What beautiful goals you have for the year. I will pray for you as you seek to reach each and everyone. I am doing the Siesta Scripture Memory Challenge too! Did you get the cute spiral? Maybe we can share our scriptures with each other at some point.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Lesley Anne,

      I had read this post last month and thought of you recently when I attended a couponing seminar. There is a site www.southernsavers.com that I have began to use quite frequently for deals in the grocery stores and drugstores. It can be a bit overwhelming at first, but there are a lot of great tips about how to save money. Hope this helps in your 2011 goals!

      ReplyDelete

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails