Wednesday, June 29, 2011

23rd Birthday Weekend

My 23rd birthday was on Friday (June 24) and I am just so overwhelmed by the outpouring of love! I am beyond blessed to have the family and friends that I do. Y'all make living this life so much sweeter.

The celebration began back on Father's Day weekend at the lake house when my Mom and sister surprised me with some yummy petit fours as birthday cake substitute (totally acceptable!). Kyle and I got to take the leftovers home, and I'm pretty sure we finished them off in record time. As if that weren't enough, my mom and sister gave me three pretty new dresses (including the yellow one I'm wearing a few photos below) as well as some new earrings and a coral bracelet. Uh-mazing!

The next week I got to enjoy one of the best parts about birthdays--gettin' stuff in the mail! Snail mail is my fave. I even got a card from Doc, but don't worry, he didn't waste money on a stamp or anything. ;)

One particularly fun package came from Kyle's parents, filled with these super-cute summer placemats and coasters.

I immediately took them out of the box and set our table. They are the perfect complement to our Fiestaware!

Friday was my birthday date with Kyle, and of course the evening's events were kept under wraps because Kyle plans surprises and surprises only. He likes to keep me on my toes!

Before we left for our date, Kyle wanted me to open my gift from him and another gift from my mom because they went together. It all made sense when I opened them to reveal a duvet cover and shams from Pottery Barn. Scream! I don't think this picture conveys my excitement enough.

I had been eying the Katherine Floral duvet cover for a while because it was on sale for $69.99 (which makes anyone PB-obsessed wanna slap their grandma!), and I was getting tired of having an unsophisticated neon pink & green guest bedroom. I seriously wonder what I was thinking when I purchased that comforter set in college. Now hopefully our guest bedroom will start to look a little more like this:

After that we were on our way to our first activity of the night, which was line dancing lessons at the Country Club. Seeing as Kyle and I both grew up listening to country music in the golden age of the 90's, this was right up our alley. I am ashamed to say I don't own a pair of cowboy boots (I know, it's like a Southern sin) but I did manage to find some suitable shoes and we had an absolute blast! I already told Kyle that we have to go back. For anyone in the Augusta area, the Country Club offers free lessons every Friday and Saturday night if you are interested!

via

From there we headed downtown to eat dinner at Frog Hollow, which is the complete opposite end of the spectrum from line dancing lessons. But you didn't hear me complaining, especially since Frog Hollow gets all their ingredients from local farmers and they had a bevy of dishes and drinks involving peaches (aka the love of my life).

via

Saturday went on like a normal Saturday in the Fenton household, until Kyle came home from the grocery store and put a TON of hamburger and hotdog buns on the counter. When I asked him why he bought so many, he said they were having an awesome B1G1 sale, but I just kinda looked at him like mmm hmm. He later confessed that I had it figured out, that there would be people coming over to grill-out for dinner, but he didn't tell me exactly who. So that part was still a surprise! Unfortunately we did not snap a single photo that night, but most of the people in this picture below from our small group were there so it's a proper substitute.

As you can see, we have fun together, and Saturday was no exception. We had a great time hanging out with everyone.

At one point in the evening, all the guys managed to gather in one room and the girls in another (isn't that how it always goes?). When Kyle asked me what the girls talked about, I said babies. When I asked Kyle what they talked about, he said different times they've thrown up or gotten seriously injured. I guess boys will be boys and girls will be girls, right?

And just when you thought I would make it through a post without pictures of Doc, you are wrong. My sincerest apologies. After church on Sunday, Doc had his first play date with Sterling, Sam and Amanda's 1-year-old Weimaraner.

It was pretty hot outside, so after an initial meeting at a nearby park and playing fetch with the tennis ball, we went back to Sam & Amanda's house and filled up the kiddie pool with some nice cold water for Doc and Sterling to play in.

But Doc wasn't having any of it. We managed to get him in the pool, but he just stood there super stiff with claws at the ready to escape. Kind of like a cat. So now we call him cat-dog (don't be impressed with our creativity).

Eventually Sterling and Doc became buddies and they couldn't stop play-wrestling with each other, but occasionally I think Doc would suddenly become aware of Sterling's size and he would retreat behind a chair or under the side table. Like I said, cat-dog. But the best part was that there were two extremely tired dogs at the end of the day, which is always good news for Weimaraner owners. We are gonna have to do this more often!

Thanks again to everyone who called, texted or Facebooked to wish me a happy birthday. Y'all are simply the best!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had an amazing birthday weekend! I love you in your yellow dress! We should go cowgirl boot shopping sometime very soon, so we can sin no more!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails