Thursday, January 5, 2012

Books Read in 2011 and 2012 Reading List

via

I thought I read a lot of books in 2011, but when I actually made the list of books I finished, it was a bit on the small side. A grand total of 10 books, y'all! Guess that's what having a full-time job while being married to a full-time doctoral student will do to ya. Other stuff like making sure you have dinner on the table and getting enough sleep kinda gets in the way of a good novel. ;) In the midst of all that, though, here is what I managed to read from cover to cover last year:

This year I am going to attempt 12 in 12 (read 12 books in 12 months), but really my overall goal is to read at least one business book, one nonfiction Christian book, and one novel. I think I can do that! Here's what's on my list for this year so far:

How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie

Happy Ever After by Nora Roberts

Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks

The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks

God, Marriage, and Family by Andreas Kostenberger

An Echo in the Darkness by Francine Rivers

As Sure as the Dawn by Francine Rivers

Thorn in My Heart by Liz Curtis Higgs

Fair is the Rose by Liz Curtis Higgs

Whence Came a Prince by Liz Curtis Higgs

Grace in Thine Eyes by Liz Curtis Higgs

Here Burns My Candle by Liz Curtis Higgs

Mine is the Night by Liz Curtis Higgs

Black Heels to Tractor Wheels by Ree Drummond

The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

I know that's more than 12 books, but like when I'm packing for vacation, I want to give myself choices. :) And apparently I have a thing for historical fiction and books by Liz Curtis Higgs. Can't wait to load some of these on my new Nook! What is on your reading list this year? Feel free to share in the comments!

6 comments:

  1. I've read a majority of those Liz Curtis Higgs books. I can see if I can lend those to you or look on your library's site. I got several from my library's OverDrive site. They are wonderful! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I put those Liz Curtis Higgs books on my list because of you talking about them. :) And if we have time this weekend, I need to get you to show me how to borrow books from the library on my Nook!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year, Lesley Anne -- I enjoyed reading your list. I actually am reading The Hunger Games now for a book club and love it. I was nervous about starting it, but it is great. I am trying to decide which business books are on my list for the year. I just read The Energy Bus and loved it. I had a friend recommend The Oz Principles and The Question Behind the Question, so I think those will be on my list. Hope all is well and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, you are going to LOVE The Hunger Games series! I can't wait for the first movie to come out in March. And thanks for the business book suggestions, they will certainly be on my radar. Hope things are going well at the UGA Vet School for you!

      Delete
  3. Dear Lesley Anne, I oh-so love your blog! It's so sweet and upbeat. I own a used bookstore, so I just wanted to throw out a few recommendations and warnings. Unless you're like me and just have to read all of the Nicholas Sparks books, skip Save Haven... I think the ending was very sub-par. The Lucky One was good though. For your Christian non-fiction, maybe try A Year of Living Like Jesus by Ed Dobson. It is a little dry at times, but it really did make me see Jesus's day-to-day life differently and think about the sacrifices Christ made for us. And maybe throw a young adult book in just for fun, like Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty! Happy Reading! --Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tiffany, you are too sweet! And you own a used bookstore? In a perfect world that would be my dream job! Thanks for all your suggestions, especially the tip on Safe Haven. I wasn't 100% sold on it in the first place so I will probably skip it now. Happy Reading to you as well!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails