Thursday, February 16, 2012

My Parents Visit Augusta!

The first weekend in February, my parents came to visit us for a day! I had such a great time showing them around Augusta, but I know they are counting down the days until we move back closer to home. ;)

They brought along their white miniature schnauzer, Mister, who is now 12 weeks old and so big! As you can see, Doc gave him a very warm welcome.

Unfortunately, for most of the day Kyle had to study for a practical exam he had that coming Monday, but that didn't stop my parents and me from enjoying the beautiful day together! We started things out by eating lunch at Manuel's Bread Cafe. My mom and I ordered the chicken wrap with hummus and it was absolutely delicious! We rounded out our meal with a half slice of cake each, and then I took my parents just a few blocks down from the cafe to walk along the Savannah River.

We then went back to my house to let Mister out, where my dad decided he needed an after-lunch nap. So with some time to kill before dinner, my mom and I decided to do what we do best--go shopping! We hit up the Promenade outside the Augusta Mall and I scored this AMAZING red pencil skirt from Ann Taylor Loft for only $15. Holler!

A few hours later we brought our treasures back to the house and started getting ready for dinner. Of course my mom couldn't pass up the opportunity to have her picture taken with her grand-dog, as she likes to call Doc, so we had a little photoshoot before we left for dinner.

Isn't this one of Mister yawning so cute?

Since we still had a little bit of daylight left, we took a quick stroll along the Augusta Canal before we finally made it to dinner at The Polka Dot Pig.

We weren't too impressed with Polka Dot Pig, the food was good but we were unfortunate to get stuck with a waitress who really didn't want to be there. But all in all it was a good trip for my parents, and we were so glad to get to spend some quality time with them. Can't wait until we move closer and we can have more days like this together!

1 comment:

  1. Your Dad and I enjoyed our trip to Augusta and the time that we got to spend with you and Kyle (and Doc)!! "Mister" had a great time, too!! And, you're right - I can't wait for you to move back a little closer to me and your Dad!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails