Monday, April 9, 2012

While I Was Away...

Life is too deep for words, so don't try to describe it, just live it. - C.S. Lewis

That is exactly what happened during these 40-something days that I’ve abstained from blogging. At first it was really hard, to deny the desire to document everything with my camera and think about how to put it into words in a blog post. Even harder was not to read everyone else’s blogs that I follow on a regular basis. I had come to love that. But the purpose of Lent was to keep that in check and God sure did meet me right where I was struggling. After a successful few days of my no-blogging policy, something clicked and it was like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders. I felt free to experience life rather than document it. I left my camera at home and just lived in the moment. 

While I was away, so much happened! We celebrated two years of marriage, I cheered on my husband’s intramural softball team (undefeated so far!), we had game nights and movie nights with friends, we ushered in spring with plenty of grilling out and trips to the dog park, I finished a great book, we shared in the joy as our friends’ babies were born, and also experienced the pain of losing a dearly loved family member. The Lord gave and He took away. Life happened, and I am anxious to tell you all about it. [Come on now, I didn’t leave my camera at home the whole time. ;)] 

Tomorrow, I'll start things off with a recap of our Easter with the in-laws!

It’s good to be back. :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I missed reading your blog!!!! It's another great temptation and distraction when I should be working on my master's courses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sis! I'm glad someone reads it. ;) Hopefully it won't be too much of a distraction for ya!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails