Saturday, September 29, 2012

2012 Yellow Daisy Festival

One thing I was excited about once we moved back to the Atlanta area was getting to do fun things with my mom and sister again. A few weekends ago, we were able to do just that! My mom, sister, and I braved the heat and humidity that is September in Georgia and made it out to the Yellow Daisy Festival at Stone Mountain Park. We decided to go on Saturday of the Festival weekend, which also happened to be the busiest (and rainiest) day. But we survived! Here are a few images I captured from the day. Be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom to see what my sister and I purchased (hint: it has to do with CHRISTMAS!) ←can you tell I’m excited?

Mom bought Dad some salt water taffy -- his favorite!

One of my favorite booths had the cutest holiday wreaths!

Once we finished the first loop, we headed back to the main entrance to grab some lunch. Mom and I both got chicken gyros, while Ashley got some Chick-fil-a, and all three of us shared this plate of chips, also known as butterfly fries. They had a very interesting texture! Not quite chips but not quite fries.

So this is what Ashley and I came home with -- Christmas yard signs! Aren't they so cute? You know you've crossed over to the old side when you start to get excited about Christmas decorations. I remember being little and shopping with my Mom and she would get SO giddy over Christmas shops, and I just did not understand it. Now I totally do!

Here's a close-up of Ashley's sign:

And here's a close-up of mine:

Can't wait to find the perfect place for this guy at Christmas! Another purchase was this bag of Honey Spice Chai from the Perky Moose booth. It is DIVINE. And perfect for Fall. (Find them at perkymoose.com if you want to get some of your own!).
So that was our successful day at the Yellow Daisy Festival. Can't wait to go back next year!

2 comments:

  1. Love those signs! Christmas decorations are my favorite.
    I've never been to this festival but I'm determined to go next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely loved going to the Yellow Daisy Festival with my two girls!! We'll have to make it a yearly tradition!! I loved looking at all of the crafts - the people are so talented!! The fellowship was fun and the food was fabulous!! Let's be sure to go again next year!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails