Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A Much Overdue Life Update

Hi friends! I owe y’all this post big time. Last time I posted, I mentioned we were moving, but I didn’t say where or why. So here are the details!

{Moving Day 2012}

We moved back to metro Atlanta exactly a month ago yesterday, and we are living in Kyle’s parents’ old house now. Long-time readers might remember from this post that Kyle’s parents moved two years ago, and their previous home hasn't sold yet, which is the house we are currently living in. I know it may sound a little confusing, but basically, Kyle’s parents offered to let us live in their empty house rent free, and it is within reasonable distance of my new job and Kyle’s clinical rotations, so we decided it was the best option for us during this next season of life. The goal is to save up what we would have been paying in rent for a down payment, and then buy our own home once Kyle graduates from Physical Therapy school and gets a J-O-B (this sugar mama thing got old like yesterday).

So speaking of being a sugar mama, I got a new job! I have been in my new position for two and a half weeks now, and I absolutely LOVE it. I am working for the University System of Georgia in Atlanta, which a lot of people get mixed up with the University of Georgia. It’s definitely understandable since there’s only a one-word difference, but the University System of Georgia is the governing organization over all 35 public colleges and universities in the state of Georgia, which includes the University of Georgia. So UGA falls under the umbrella of the University System of Georgia if that makes sense. Anyway, side note, I am especially excited to show y’all my new office once I’m done decorating it. Stay tuned!

The reason we went ahead and moved away from Augusta is mainly because of Kyle’s clinical rotations. In the third year of PT school, the Fall and Spring semesters consist solely of clinical rotations, and Kyle was able to get most of his rotations in the Atlanta area. Since we knew we wanted to end up near Atlanta once Kyle graduated in May anyway, we decided there was no reason not to go ahead and move. It’s hard to believe, but Kyle only has three weeks left of his inpatient rotation at Dekalb Medical Center, and then he will be on a pediatric rotation in Gwinnett County for the rest of the Fall semester. We’re looking forward to all the time he’ll have off in December though--we’re planning on building our own farmhouse table!

So far the transition has been a semi-smooth one, but I’m not gonna lie and say that everything has been honky-dory. I have my moments where I really miss Augusta. And to be honest, I never thought I would say that, but it’s true. I think it’s so easy to overlook the bountiful blessings God has provided when they are right there in front of you. Now that I'm away from Augusta, I really miss the friendships we made there, our awesome church family, all the beautiful places we could take Doc on a walk, my co-workers at GHSU, and on top of all that it was the place where Kyle and I made our first home together. It will always hold a special place in our heart, and right now I'm a little sad that that season of our life has passed.

So that’s where we are in life right now. Just another transitional phase. But still beyond blessed! 

1 comment:

  1. Yay for an update! I was starting to think you ditched the blog! And yay for super cool in-laws that let you stay rent free! Money, money, mo-ney! Glad you like your new job!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails