Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas Morning Breakfast Recipe

Cream Cheese Sausage Pinwheels


I had every intention of posting this recipe yesterday, but between cooking a dish for today's office Christmas party and getting cards ready for everyone, it just didn't happen. I think you'll find it in your heart to forgive me though--this recipe is a good one!

As everyone is getting their menus together for Christmas, I thought it would be a good time to share this recipe as an idea for Christmas morning breakfast. You can make it any time of year really, it would be great as part of a tailgate spread, and I've made it several times for various office parties and when it was our turn to bring breakfast to church. It's a very versatile recipe. Every time we make it, it has been a huge hit and we never have any leftovers! Best of all, it's super easy to make and only requires three ingredients. Here's what you will need:


1 Roll Breakfast Sausage
1 Tube Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
1 8 oz. Package Cream Cheese

Start by browning the sausage. Remove from pan and drain.



Meanwhile, soften the cream cheese in a microwavable mixing bowl. 


In the mixing bowl, combine cooked sausage with softened cream cheese. 


Remove crescent roll dough from the package, but do not separate it into sections. Roll it out to form a rectangle, and be sure to seal the perforated edges so the cream cheese mixture can't come out through the cracks. 


Spread the cream cheese and sausage mixture on top of the dough in a thin even layer (I forgot to take a picture of this stage--had a little brain fart! We were trying to decorate our house for Christmas at the same time I was making this I think.) 

Roll the dough up lengthwise (you can roll it up on the short side - you'll have bigger pinwheels but not as many). You can see one of my rolls in the photo above, I doubled the recipe so that's why there is another rectangle of dough on the pan. 

Once rolled up, stick it in the freezer for 10-20 minutes so it can firm up before you slice it. Cut in about 1/4" slices and lay out on baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until the crescent rolls are cooked.


And there you have it - a super delicious and super easy option for Christmas morning breakfast! What are your favorite things to cook on Christmas morning? Feel free to leave suggestions in the comments!

P.S. All credit for this recipe goes to Leah from Take A Bite Of My Life. Found this recipe on her blog through Pinterest!

4 comments:

  1. I am very enjoyed for this side. Its a nice topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy. I think it may be help all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I repinned this on Pinterest back in December, and when I tried to open the pin for the recipe today it took me only to your home page instead of the actual link to the recipe and I've had to dig for 30 minutes to find it. It would be helpful if you could fix the link! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you had to do that, I'm glad you were able to find it eventually! Unfortunately I can't change the link of someone else's pin on Pinterest, though. If I could I would! I hope you enjoyed the pinwheels and continue to make them, they are one of my favorite breakfast recipes!

      Delete
  3. Do you think this would work with frozen phyllo dough instead of crescent?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails