Thursday, April 11, 2013

Our South Carolina House


All this talk about house hunting and mention of missing Augusta gave me an idea for the perfect post today...a photo tour of our old rental house! You might remember a few photos from when we first moved in April 2011, but I never posted pictures once we settled in. We're going to fix that today, people! 

The rental house was actually across the Savannah River in North Augusta, so yes, we were residents of South Carolina. A lot of people don't realize how close Augusta is to the state line. Naturally, there were WAY too many Gamecock fans in that area for my taste, but considering how close Columbia was (aka the armpit of America), it made sense. Living in North Augusta was a really good situation for us, and we didn't have to pay out of state tuition either. We loved it. 

So without further ado, the house tour! 

This is the view of the living room when you walk in the front door. The bamboo blinds were already there, and I loved how well they fit in with the neutral palette of our living area. Looking at pictures of our living area now, I think it's a little too neutral, so I'm looking forward to adding pops of color in the future!


This was our entertainment center set up. Not ideal for the window shining directly on the TV, but if we put it on any of the other walls it would have been backlit by the windows. That wall ended up being the lesser of three evils. 


This is the view of the front door from the loveseat in the living room. As you can see, the house had a split level floor plan, which made the downstairs really really cold, and the upstairs really really hot. It was amazing the difference just walking up and down the stairs. Sometimes in the summer we would sleep downstairs in the guest bedroom so we didn't feel like we were sleeping in a sauna. Fun times! 



Here we have the view of the living room from the top of the stairs upstairs. That big picture window was my fave.


One of our side table vignettes. My dried bridal bouquet is in the vase, in addition to our wedding album and framed wedding picture - clearly I like to decorate with our wedding stuff! What can I say? It was a special day. :)


Y'all have seen this picture before in our table refinishing post. This is actually the only picture I have of the kitchen area. For some reason I didn't turn around and take a picture of the actual kitchen? Maybe there were dishes stacked to high heaven in the sink? We'll go with that.



Moving downstairs, you'll see the guest bathroom straight ahead. 




And to the right is the guest bedroom (with my Pottery Barn duvet and shams that I love so so much! Best birthday present ever).



Moving back up the stairs...


You'll go through the kitchen and out into the backyard.


The backyard was definitely Doc's domain. He loved going out there and eating stuff he wasn't supposed to and socializing with the neighbors, hoping to solicit a treat. He was successful most of the time. ;)


And for the final photo of the tour, here is the back of the house from one of the corners in the backyard. I loved the azalea bushes (I've yet to see a house in the Augusta area that doesn't have azalea bushes).


So you probably noticed I don't have any pictures of the master bedroom or bathroom, or the other two guest rooms in the house. Oops. The other two guest rooms weren't exactly eye candy, as one served as Doc's "room" and the other as a makeshift attic. So that's probably why I don't have pictures of them. But for the rest of the house, I'll never know. They'll just have to live on in my memory, I guess!

Hope you enjoyed the brief tour of our former rental house!

1 comment:

  1. Mine, my house did not have azalea bushes. Well it did, but killed them by trying to give them new life. Oh well. They never bloomed anyway. They were probably 50 years old.

    I never remember thinking, "wow, our houses are soooo nice!", but looking at your cute little rental after shopping in Athens today, man oh man, we had it good!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails