Friday, June 28, 2013

It's been real, Google Reader.

I apologize in advance if this is the one thousand millionth post you've read about Google Reader shutting down on Monday. I'm going to contribute to the broken record anyway, so if you didn't already know...

Google Reader is going away this Monday, July 1. 

What does that mean for you? If you follow Front Porch Sittin' through Google Friend Connect or Google Reader, you will need to use an alternative RSS feed to continue receiving updates from this here ol' blog. The most popular RSS feed bloggers and readers are using now is called Bloglovin', and you can follow me there simply by clicking this button:

Follow on Bloglovin

If you are unfamiliar at all with Bloglovin (which was definitely me when I first started using it a few months ago), I found a helpful tutorial for you here. And here's a simple way to import your Google Reader subscriptions into Bloglovin'.

If RSS Readers aren't your jam, you can also get new post notifications through email subscription, Twitter, or Facebook. Whichever you way you decide to slice the cake, I just wanted to thank you for being such awesome readers, no matter if you've been around since day one or just started following yesterday. Let's keep this party going come Monday! :)  

Have a GREAT weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails